Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dream Journal #1

I think I have more than the common number of strange dreams, & I love talking about them. These 2 points got me thinking that they would make for a nice change of pace on the blog & get us away from the regularly scheduled soccer posts (except for the fact that one of these dreams is oddly soccer related.

To set up the first one, you must understand that we've been talking about moving next spring to save some cash & get a bit of a more rural lifestyle. W/ that in mind, here's dream #1.

I found a cheap apartment in a complex near campus devoted solely to hardcore Arsenal fans. It had a weird floorplan, but had 3 bedrooms & wasn't too expensive. I moved our stuff in & Stephanie & the kids were going to join me the next day. I'd had a hard time meeting the credentials, but we got the apartment none-the-less. It was then that I was laying in bed (right near the front door) w/ Nick Hornby all snuggled under the covers and looking @ old family photos. Arsene Wenger came in & demanded I fill out extra paperwork for the apartment. I was kind of surprised by his close involvement, but Hornby & I accepted it & I filled out the forms. He read them over & flipped out about the fact that I have kids. He said kids weren't allowed in the complex (equal housing codes aside). I explained that we'd already been approved & that he couldn't make me move out. He also seemed rather interested in the homoerotic moment I shared w/ Nick Hornby (which didn't surprise me as much as the news that broke yesterday linking him w/ a 39 year old female French hip-hop artist).

Most of this dream is pretty weird, but Stephanie has a nice little analysis that suggests Hornby is symbolic of Dan, as we were sharing a blanket & looking @ maps while watching a soccer game a few months ago. Not a bad reading of the dream, it must be said.

In dream #2, we find our fearless hero shopping for a bathing suit while preparing to go on a family vacation. Here we go.

I walk into Sun & Snow, the sporting good store next to Nicola's look for some new trunks. All I could find were Speedos, & the salesperson claimed that's all they carried. I was shocked, but the store was totally void of regular bathing suits. He claimed that no one was wearing them anymore & that Speedos were now all the rage. W/o any other options, I started trying them on.

I woke up before I made any purchases, so I don't know if a Speedo purchase was ever really in the cards, but the more I think about it, the more I think getting a Speedo would be pretty sweet. If it happens, you can be sure there will be plenty of pics.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are the sort of writings that should get you some comments.

Curious Soren said...

Keep a notebook (or laptop) by your bed, and when you wake up from your dream, start writing what you remember immediately. You'll be amazed at how much detail you start to recall. I love dream journaling.

The traditional response to your second dream would be some sort of insecurity - when you find yourself someplace and you have less clothes on then expected/needed, most dream psychologist say it relates to some area of insecurity in your life (not about your body). You seem to be pretty keen on the speedo thing, so this may not be the case with you. In your dream, did you fret about having to wear one?

Lastly, I just wanted to gloat about taking over first place in the fantasy soccer league.

Andre said...

I saw that. It won't last long though, so don't get carried away:)

I wouldn't say I was fretting about it. I was just confused.