Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Comedy Central Roasts

I watched the Donald Trump Roast last night on Comedy Central. It sucked. And I say that w/ a real sense of disappointment. I've always loved the roasts. B-List celebrities getting together to make fun of someone many of them don't even know is pretty awesome. I've seen almost all of the roasts since the Hugh Hefner one in 2001. Perhaps you remember that one; the one when (3 weeks after the world Trade Center attacks) Gilbert Godfried said he had intended to catch a plane, but couldn't get a direct flight because "they said they have to connect with the Empire State Building first." A bold, though somewhat tasteless move. It was at the Shatner roast in 2006 where Nichelle Nichols told Shatner to kiss has black ass. Of course, hilarity ensued @ the Pamela Anderson one in 2005 when Courtney Love could barely stand upright on the ground. Unfortunately, nothing so fantastic happened @ the Trump roast. what did happen was as follows. For some inexplicable reason, Marlee Matlin was there. She was kind of funny, but I don't know what she has to do w/ Trump... maybe she's on Celebrity Apprentice or something. I don't know of anyone who has ever watched that show, so wee may never know for sure. I could look it up, but I don't really care either way. We'll just assume she is. Snoop Dogg was there too. He was the butt of many ridiculously offensive racist jokes which were all pretty good... I'm not going to repeat them here, which is part of the interesting thing w/ the ridiculously racist joke. It's great when he's sitting there laughing @ it, but in hind-sight, it's hard to discuss. The person who really puzzles me, though, is The Situation. His hair & waxed eyebrows are the least of my worries when it comes to this guy. He's someone who didn't even deserve a literal 15 minutes much less the figurative one he's been experiences lately. His jokes were poorly timed & often just didn't make sense, & really, what kind of name is "The Situation?" It's like a really bad pro-wrestler.The only roasts that have been aired on comedy Central that I haven't seen are the Rob Reiner one, the Joan Rivers one and the Bob Saget one. Well, maybe I saw the Saget one, but I don't recall it. I bet they're pretty freaking funny though. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them so I can begin to purge my brain of any after-effects of having watched the Situation for 3 minutes.

2 comments:

peltierinator said...

the saget one is pretty funny. Lots of jokes about sucking dick for coke.

Andre said...

I watched the Saget one last night... good stuff. i also rewatched the Shatner one. Also good stuff. The pamela Anderson one isn't streamable though, so i'll have to wait for the disc to rewatch that one.