Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekend Adventures

On Saturday afternoon, after I watched Aiden's baseball game, I headed out to Saline to enjoy the annual Saline Celtic Festival. It was smaller & attended by far fewer people than past years, but we had a good time none-the-less. There was a lot of free hooch throughout the afternoon. After a glass of Glenfiddich @ the McPherson tent, I hit the beer tent for lunch. A less-than-stellar Reuben w/ a perfectly stellar Guinness was then followed by a few pitchers of Boddingtons w/ Daye & Pete. We checked out the festival some more & Zoli got a kilt before heading back to the beer tent for a second round & some music & dancing.

Afterwards, we hit Dominick's for dinner. Oddly, there doesn't seem to be a web-site for that place. I don't get it. If anyone finds one, be sure to post a link in the comments. There's a bland facebook page, a Yelp page, & an entry on Arborwiki, but no actual home page. I think that's kind of weird. According to the wiki page, the place was opened in 1959. Something that old should certainly have a site. I don't get it. Even w/o a web-site, they make a hell of a lobster ravioli. It was sooooo good. We also enjoyed a couple pitchers of sangria & a fantastic plate of olives. I used to dislike olives, but lately, I just can't get enough of them.

After dinner, we walked down to Tom's gallery for his one night only show. It was fun, Matt (Stephanie's brother) had a photo in the exhibit, & we got to enjoy some Run & Cokes. On the way back to the car, we hit Ashley's for a couple beers. It was only gonna be one, but as we were getting ready to go, the server said her manager recognized me as his former English Prof. & wanted to buy me a beer. who am I to turn that offer down. As a matter of fact, I feel I wasn't really turning anything down that night.

I then ended up @ The Tap Room to see Gerry, Warren, Shannon, & Laurie in their new band, Wellfire. They were really good & super fun. I promise some videos as soon as Warren uploads them. All in all, a fantastic day, & if I remember correctly, I feel like I may have had a few drinks too. Then to top it all off, I woke up on time for work Sunday morning w/o even a hint of a hangover... I probably should have bought a lottery ticket.

2 comments:

peltierinator said...

How is the tap room these days? I heard it isn't doing as well.

Andre said...

I don't know. It seems fine when I'm there, but I don't go there very often. It's 3 times as big now, so it doesn't seem as crowded, but I bet it's fine.