Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bill Cosby @ Nicola's Part 1: Na Na Na We're Gonna Have a Good Time

I had a bit of an adventure the other day, but that 1 will have to wait until tomorrow as I have 2 more coming up early this week before a 3rd on Wed. On Monday, I have a dentist appointment which wouldn't normally count as an adventure, but w/ this sweet sweet clip, it seems an appropriate inclusion on this post. What do I have to get done? I need to get a broken tooth fixed which could end in a root canal. I hope to avoid that, but regardless, the real awesome is to come Tues. evening as we have American pop-culture legend Bill Cosby coming to Nicola's for a signing @ 7:00. His people called the store to set up an event in Detroit but then called back & said he would be in the store instead. I'm sooo freaking excited! If you plan to come, you should know that he'll only be signing his new book (so leave your Pudding Pops box & Betamax copy of Uptown Saturday Night @ home), he won't be reading, & he won't be posing for pics w/ people. I imagine it'll be huge, but you can get a line ticket number in advance. I would think that if you have a number, you needn't get there until 6:30 or so. I saw him on Letterman a couple weeks ago, & he was still fantastic. I'll have to hit Value World & see if I can score a nice cozy Cosby sweater for the evening. Here are a few videos, the first of which is from his concert, Bill Cosby: Himself, in which he discusses dentists.
Dad is Great!

No comments: