Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Is the Hiatus Over?

I know it's been quite a while since I last posted. What w/ the weather and all... plus I've been busy w/ work & the kids. Besides, the readership has been on the decline so it lost it's priority status. That's ok though because we're back, baby! Drifting into Deep Water is in full effect! (Just like Public Enemy.) It seems like the way to kick things off after a month long hiatus would be w/ a proper soccer post. However, in lieu of a proper one, here's a mediocre one for you to enjoy.

First up: In over the hill, drug addled, former Newcastle & England international star news, our favorite nut sack pain faced over the hill, drug addled, former Newcastle & England star, Paul Gascoinge (known to those in the media but probably not actually to his friends as Gazza) has recently admitted he spent 4 months eschewing food & water for a preferred diet of cocaine & whiskey. Now, I've had my fair share of whiskey over the years (though I've never done coke), but 4 months seems a tad extreme. Maybe I'm just a prude, but 4 months? Really? He claims that he needed it to fill the void lest in his life after he retired from football. if that's the case, I guess I better play until the day I die. I suppose the other response could be "4 months? Come on... man up! Ozzy could do 4 months of coke & booze standing on his head!" but that doesn't really seem responsible does it?
in his Newcastle kit, demostrating his "nut sack pain face"
Second up: Donnie's favorite metrosexual former ManUre star turned current Real Madrid star, Cristiano Ronaldo, missed a sitter this week in the Portugal Euro 2012 qualifying play-off against Bosnia & Hertzogoviniad%jkfhla#kjfaja (sp?). In the end, it didn't really matter as Portugal qualified anyway, but he was embarrassed & ended up blaming the bumpy turf, claiming, "That wasn't grass, it was a vegetable patch." I guess he now knows what it's like to play @ Independence Park in Canton week in & week out. To be fair, I already know what's it's like to miss easy goals. The reason this is news though, isn't simply that he missed a goal... even I do that sometimes... the real issue here is that the patch of turf he blamed has sold at auction for 4,000 GBP. I thought this was a joke when I first read about it, but it seems to have made all the papers (or @ least all the ones that cover football minutia which in turn means "all the good papers").

I think this is all I've got for today. Oh, France beat USA on Firday 1-0 & then drew w/ Belgium 0-0 yesterday, but now we can get back to the SOP of the league stuff this week. After the loss to France, Team USA went on to beat Slovenia 3-2 in Ljubljana%hjkh#jkh (sp?). That said, we may now be back to our SOP on this blog as well. I'm not making any promises, but we'll see.

PS I know I've said this before, but let's leave comments in the comments section rather than on Facebook... it keeps the comments w/ the post for archiving purposes, & I have archive fever!

2 comments:

peltierinator said...

I do check every now and then. I was almost done with it, but now that you are back I will keep looking.

Who is that in the picture of the guy getting his nuts pulled.

Andre said...

That's Paul Gascoigne getting his sack pulled. I don't know who is doing the pulling.