Thursday, May 5, 2011

Summer Movie Spectacular: Tom Cruise

Kevin Spacey in 2010 & Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2009. You may recall that we never made it all the way through Spacey because as it turns out, they're all pretty much the same. We saw most though & all of the Schwarzeneggers the year before. Those links will take you to my reviews if you're interested. For this summer I've decided to go w/ Tom Cruise. Why? Because I wanted to see the J.J. Abrams Mission: Impossible film but felt I should see the other 2 first. I then decided I wanted to see War of the Worlds because I'm thinking about teaching the book next year & figured it'd be good to see it. I also happened to watch Minority Report the other day. I rented it when it first came out, but the disc skipped & I never got back to it afterwards. Last night, I realized I'd also seen Tropic Thunder recently so w/ 6 down already, it seems like a doable project. I think I will skip Austin Powers in Goldmember because I suffered through it last year w/ Kevin Spacey... I don't see the point of doing that again already. That means I've got 7 in the bag w/ 27 left. I imagine I'll watch Top Gun w/ Aiden & maybe The Outsiders w/ Solstice. There's a key under the filmography so you can check back here to keep track of how the Cruise-a-thon is going. I know a lot of you really hate this guy because of his religious weirdness, but I've never really had an opinion about that. I do have an opinion about his acting ability, but I'm going through w/ this stupidity none-the-less. I'll post reviews of the films I've seen recently periodically throughout the summer which means the first review poost should be coming soon. Stay Tuned!


Playin' w/ the boys!

The Fimography:
Knight & Day (2010)****
Tropic Thunder (2008)****
Valkyrie (2008)****
Lions for Lambs (2007)*
Mission: Impossible II (2006)****
War of the Worlds (2005)****
Collateral (2004)*
The Last Samurai (2003)*
Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)****
Minority Report (2002)****
Space Station 3D (2002)*
Vanilla Sky (2001)****
Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures (2001)*
Mission: Impossible II (2000)****
Magnolia (1999)*
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)**
Jerry Maguire (1996)****
Mission: Impossible (1996)****
Interview w/ a Vampire (1994)**
The Firm (1993)*
A Few Good Men (1992)***
Far & Away (1992)****
Days of Thunder (1990)*
Born on the Fourth of July (1989)**
Rainman (1988)**
Cocktail (1988)****
The Color of Money (1986)****
Top Gun (1986)****
Legend (1985)**
Risky Business (1983)****
All the Right Moves (1983)**
Losin' It (1983)*
The Outsiders (1983)**
Taps (1981)**
Endless Love (1981)*

* Have never seen it
** Saw it a long time ago
*** Watching right now
**** Watched this summer.


Reminiscing about the days of old

1 comment:

L.J. said...

I will admit that I like Jerry Maguire and love Risky Business. Vanilla Sky was too weird (you will probably love it). Did you see Inglorious Bastards? He has a small role in that film, but it is difficult to tell it is him due to costume....
Oh! I also liked A Few Good Men...geez it appears I have seen way more Cruise movies than I thought!