Wednesday, August 31, 2011

3D Movies Yesterday

I know it's been a while since my last post. Sorry. I'll keep you waiting no longer. I was thinking about a post about my trip up North w/ the kids last week, but that was covered pretty well on Facebook. I was also thinking about a post about Arsenal, but that should really wait until after the close of the transfer window this evening. Therefore, we'll go w/ the 2 movies I saw yesterday. I think it was the 1st time since 1988 that I saw 2 films in theaters in a single day. Back then I was all about the Micheal Keaton/Jack Nicholson Batman. I saw it 8 times @ the canton Cinema 6 that summer.
Yesterday, I took to the kids to lunch @ Coney Joes in Brighton & then we saw Spy Kids 4D. Coney Joes is a fantastic little hod dog shack. Spy Kids 4D is an unnecessary addition to the Spy Kids franchise. But my kids liked it so that was fine... & Ricky Gervais does the voice of the robotic dog. He gets to just do his schtick throughout the movie so that was cool. Joel McHale is in it too... but there was no "Kick Ass Clip of the Day."

After work, Sara from Nicola's & I went to see the new Conan the Barbarian remake in 3D. It sucks! It makes me want to kick Marcus Nispel's ass. He could very well be the worst director alive. We got to the theater to find out we were the only ones seeing it. The screen was dark & then the lights went off as though they weren't going to show the movie. Of course, we couldn't get off that easily. I called the office to tell them we were there & waiting. The film started w/o any of the normal commercials/trailers, but it was screwed up. The 3D was all blurry so we had to go complain to get it fixed. It then became clear that Nispel 7 his cronies only used the 3D technology as an after-thought. It was used so poorly that we didn't even get any blood-splatter. Even when the guy's nose was cut off, it didn't come flying at us. That said, I could definitely see myself watching it over & over again. It's a piece of shit, but it's fun as Hell so long as you don't ask too much of it. (And asking anything at all would be too much.)

No comments: