Monday, September 19, 2011

Wiki Tag

Here's a fun little game I just invented (I know, I'm so prolific). It's kind of like the 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon game, but it's kind of different too. Now, I know I haven't been blogging much lately, but then again, I'm not really certain people have actually notice anyway. I am thinking about a couple bigger posts that will be coming soon (1 about Sartre & blogging, 1 about soccer, 1 about Whitman, & 1 things that have been going on lately). In the mean time, here's a little thing about my Wiki game.

It goes like this:
Go to the page about the band that performed the last song you heard & see how quickly you can follow the links to get to a page about the last movie you watched. In my case, the last song I heard was "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits & the movie I'm watching now is A Huey P. Newton Story. From Dire Straits I then went to Bob Dylan. From Dylan, I then went to the page for The March on Washington for Jobs & Freedom. From there, I then went to the page about Malcolm X. Getting to Huey P. Newton from Malcolm X seemed like an easy move since, according to Bobby Seale, they founded The Black Panther Party for Self Defense as a reaction to Malcolm X's assassination. However, the closest I could get from Malcolm X was the page about Black Power which easily went to the page about The Black Panther Party. Of course, getting to the page about Huey P. Newton from there was easy & then the page about the film was simple too.

I must have been aware of the film's existence because I know I've looked @ Spike Lee filmographies over the last 10 years, but when it was on the other day & I set the DVR to record it, I didn't remember having heard of it. As it so happens, the film came out in 2001 & was directed by Spike Lee. It's fantastic. Check it out... & enjoy a nice game of Wiki Tag.

No comments: