Monday, April 11, 2011

Arsenal Highlights Series #X

I promised a quick return to soccer posts. Well, it wasn't as quick as I'd hoped, but here you go. Arsenal picked apart Blackpool yesterday morning during a match that could easily have seen Mad Jens Lehman sent off for a horrible challenge on some Blackpool person. After a closer look, it seems that he wasn't really the last defender and maybe should have gotten only a yellow... as it stands, he got nothing which is good because there was no second goalie on the bench after Almunia was injured in the warm-up. I didn't see the game, but I've watched the highlights & I've gotta say, these 3 goals are pretty sweet. Of course, I'd have settled for headers from corner kicks, but the beauty of the free-flowing goal from open play can't be beat... unless of course, like that douchebag, Berbatov, the goal-scorer is offsides & the ref doesn't see it. There's nothing beautiful about that.

So anyway, here's the highlight reel straight from the Arsenal FC site. Enjoy & be sure to come out & support Verde FC in a few weeks when our season gets underway.

No comments: