Saturday, April 30, 2011

Who's Your Tiger?

If you'll recall, a few years ago, this was the Tigers' snappy little catch-phase. They've since realized that it's a bit divisive & cheesy, but we here @ Drifting into Deep Water (& back when we were @ Visions of Ypsi) have stuck w/ it. Last year, I was jocking Phil Coke. The year before was Marcus Thames (2009), Edgar RenterĂ­a (2008), Jones (2007), & Dmitri Young (2006). You can reread the previous posts about this issue here from 2008, here from 2009, & here from 2010. I've been struggling to pick someone for this year, but tonight's game w/ Cleveland sealed the deal. A certain relief pitcher w/ an awesome name came on & went 3 innings w/ 6 strike outs & no hits. I don't know how long he'll last before he's sent to Toledo, but that has never stopped me from picking my Tiger before. Even when he ends up sucking & then languishing in the minors for the remainder of his career, I'll stand behind my pick, refusing to believe I made a wrong turn at Albuquerque. What the Hell kind of name is Al Albuquerque? It's pretty fantastic! I like to post pics of the rookie cards along w/ the main "Who's your Tiger" post, but he doesn't seem to have one yet, so we'll go w/ a nice Minor League card from his days in Daytona & then this sweet action shot.

No comments: