Monday, April 25, 2011

On Stranger Tides

Here's the first trailer for the newest installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. I imagine of two situations is happening though: 1) you've already seen it 2) you're completely uninterested. Either way, I feel an obligation to post this since I posted all the others over the years. Many of you didn't like the 3rd film in the series, but I dug the weird Flann O'Brien/Samuel Beckett thing that was going on (of course, I'm always in favor of a weird Flann O'Brien/Samuel Beckett thing). The 4th one looks like it could be a bit of a cop-out (like the 2nd Ocean's movie) in that Jack Sparrow may no longer be an outlaw which makes it safer for the marketing towards kids. That's OK though; I'm gonna enjoy it just the same. There are also a bunch of mermaids, so I bet Isaiah will enjoy it too since he can't get enough of his girlfriend.

2 comments:

Andre said...

Did I already post this? I may have already posted this.

Andre said...

Yep... I did:
http://driftingintodeepwater.blogspot.com/2010/12/on-stranger-tides.html